Monday, May 02, 2005

First Day

11am / 오전 11시

The first two classes were good - fairly quiet, but intelligent and enthusiastic people. And the third lot were great - a really lovely class, it's going to be a pleasure to teach them. I reckon the first two can reach that level of enjoyment / interaction in a few days, too. These are my three highest levels for this month, this evening I've got 3 more.

첫번째 두 수업이 좋았는데 약간 조용하지만 똑똑하고 열심이 강한 사람들이다. 3번째는 대단했는데 정말 좋은 그룹이고 그들을 가르치는 게 즐거울 것이다. 그리고 며칠후에는 첫번 이 두 수업도 이 즐거움에 이를 수가 있는 거라고 생각한다. 이번 달 이들이 나의 가장 높은 레벨인데 저녁에도 수업이 3개 있다.

It was an early morning, 7am start, but I'd slept quite well. The first class is always the most nerve-racking, isn't it? - but I was actually looking forward to it a lot.^^ By the third I was feeling a lot more comfortable and more in tune with the learners.

아침 7시에 시작된다. 하지만 난 충분히 잘 잤다. 첫 번째 수업은 항상 가장 신경이 많이 쓰인다. 그렇지만 사실은 나는 정말 기대하고 있었다.^^ 3번째 수업까지 훨씬 더 편안해 지고 학생들을 이해하게 되었다.

It's break time now and I'll be moving into my new flat in about half an hour.

지금 쉬는 시간이다. 그리고 나는 새로운 아파트로 30분 후에 이사할 것이다.

Just heard the bizarre and worrying news that one of the Korean teachers (I haven't met them yet) has a weird stalker guy who came into the language school earlier and put his hand under the paper cutter, threatening to cut it off if she didn't love him. He had a good try, as I hear it. There were two loud screams at the start of this last lesson, but we thought it was just another class having too much fun... Scary stuff.

~~~~~~~~~~
5pm / 오후 5시

Gorgeous weather outside and with this schedule I can get out there and enjoy the best of it!

날씨가 너무 좋다 오늘. 이번 달의 스케듈 때문에 밖에 나가고 즐거울 수 있네!

Just moved into the flat - spacious and airy. Burnt an incense stick to calm the smell of the guy who had the place before. The owner of the building and his wife were halfway through cleaning it when I arrived - and, get this, putting new wallpaper over the old stuff (without actually measuring at all). It's a decidedly halfhearted effort - air-bubbles a-plenty, irregular lengths of paper, cut with a wonky knife rather than scissors... Oh, well. It does look a fair bit cleaner than it did! Hope they've finished cleaning the bathroom before I get back this evening... Nice neighbourhood too - peaceful, scenic, comparatively friendly.

Meeting a Korean friend I met in Australia after work - must brush up my spoken Korean!

No comments: